Essential Employment & Training Ltd is a large not for profit organisation with offices throughout Southern NSW, leading the way in the development of employment, training & support for people with barriers through vocational, lifestyle & employment opportunities.
This position is based in our Wollongong office, reporting to the CEO.
The successful applicant will be required to manage the planning, processing, budgeting and reporting of financial transactions and financial information for the organisation.
Responsible for all financial reporting systems, the key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and controlling the accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll functions.
- Preparing and interpreting annual and interim budgets, forecasts and financial analysis
- Preparing the annual financial statements, interim and monthly management accounts and cash flow statements, including liaising with external auditors.
- Meeting the requirements of various government departments in the preparation & submission of required statutory returns
- Advising on financial implications of proposed corporate decisions
- Managing and supervising finance staff
- Maintaining and improving effective financial controls and systems
- Ad hoc financial and accounting tasks as required.
- Strong financial and management accounting fundamentals and business principles
- Thorough knowledge of MYOB
- Prior experience in the not for profit sector is not essential but would be preferable
- Advanced IT skills, including Excel
- Tertiary or CA/CPA qualification is preferred with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
A competitive package can be offered depending on experience and qualifications with salary packaging options available.
The above essential criteria, and how you meet the key responsibilities must be specifically addressed and sent together with an application form, obtainable by calling 4227 3111.
Applications to be sent to the CEO, Essential Employment and Training, PO Box 1156, Wollongong 2500
Closing date: COB Friday 29 November 2013