House with No Steps is a leading provider of quality residential, employment and ancillary services to people with disabilities throughout NSW, ACT and Queensland. We are committed to innovation, continuous improvement and building strong relationships.
The Behaviour Support Implementer (Respite) will primarily support people with complex behaviours accessing ADHC funded and ADHC direct centre-based respite services in accordance with the ADHC Behaviour Support Policy and related minimum practice standards.
The position is part of a multi disciplinary team and reports to the Regional Manager Clinical Services, Northern Region, providing support to Respite Services clients across the New England areas respectively. The position will be located within the New England region with regular travel throughout the local area.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification/s (or working towards) in psychology or relevant discipline/s.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in behaviour support and intervention including facilitation of both group and individual learning; for people with a disability including the ability to liaise with clients, families & staff teams to ensure positive practice & implementation of behaviour intervention plans;
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the policies, procedures and delegations of HWNS, together with relevant legislation (e.g. Disability Services Act 1993, Guardianship Act, 1987, Disability Service Standards);
- Demonstrated ability to utilise data collection tools, collate information, analyse and prepare reports for relevant Managers;
- Competent in working with electronic reporting tools and the Microsoft suite of office products;
- Work effectively within an integrated management model which necessitates regular communication and agreeing on service aims in partnership with Respite Managers;
- Ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders including the Office of the Public Guardian, ADHC, other government agencies and specialist support services;
- Demonstrated capacity to manage, plan and prioritise your workload;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to travel and work independently and away from home;
- Current Drivers Licence;
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or be entitled to work in Australia.
- Experience in and commitment to working with people with disabilities and those who support them;
- Certificate in Workplace Training and Assessing or prepared to undertake this training;
- Experience in delivering and evaluating relevant training for support staff.
- This is a unique opportunity for individuals seeking a professional pathway in quality behavioural support provision. So if being part of a supportive team and demonstrating a positive attitude towards the promotion of supporting people with disabilities is for you then we strongly appreciate all applications.
To attract the best candidates, we offer career development opportunities, access to comprehensive competency based staff training and salary packaging options.
Please quote Job Reference Number NOBSI1013 in your application
Applications close: 6 November 2013
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below or post your application to HWNS Recruitment 102 Auburn Street, Wollongong NSW 2500. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Tanya Blundell on 02 6628 0610, quoting Ref No. NOBSI1013.
Please be aware that only successful candidates will be contacted about this particular position.
Making the most of our abilities
Only Australian citizens, permanent residents or those with working rights in Australia are eligible to apply. HWNS is an EEO employer. No smoking in the workplace is company policy.
See more at: http://careers.hwns.com.au/job-details/query/behaviour-support-implementer-respite/in/tamworth-andamp-north-west-nsw/5483058/#sthash.Kz2FAwVt.dpuf